Sponsor a Delegate
The International Conference on Conversation Analysis (ICCA) is offering you a chance to help delegates from developing countries a chance to participate in the 2023 Conference in Brisbane, Australia (June 28th- July 2nd 2023) or apply for support to attend the Conference.
ICCA23 has made it its goal to be truly multi-national and culturally diverse, and to be inclusive of Conversation Analysts studying and working across the globe. The current Sponsor a Delegate Programme aims at providing more colleagues from developing countries a chance to participate in the 2023 Conference. The International Society for Conversation Analysis (ISCA) is already sponsoring five fee-waiver scholarships for eligible delegates. Additional donations will enable further reduction of costs for eligible delegates, and enable us to extend financial support to more delegates.
Delegates from Low, Middle Income countries can be sponsored by High Income Country peers - by individual Conversation Analysts, or by institutions or cognate associations. Sponsored delegates will have the opportunity to participate in the conference, to learn about new research on Conversation Analysis, to share their own knowledge and to meet colleagues working internationally in the field.
How to donate
Individuals can donate money by one of the methods below;
- Donate money in conjunction with delegate registration for ICCA23. The online registration form will allow a registering delegate to also donate money to the sponsor a delegate program. The online registration form has the opportunity for donations of; $50 AUD, $100 AUD, $150 AUD and $200 AUD
- Donate money via credit card or by international bank transfer. You can do so by following the link here and completing a short form. This form has the opportunity for donations of; $50 AUD, $100 AUD, $150 AUD and $200 AUD
- If you would like to donate amount that is greater than $200 AUD, please email email@example.com with details of your donation amount. An invoice will be arranged and payment will be accepted via credit card or bank transfer.
How to Apply
Delegates from Low, Middle Income countries, can apply for a sponsorship by following the steps below.
- Download and complete the Application Form Download Here
- Draft a Personal Letter of Motivation to support your application
- Submit your application through the online application portal
Applications close on 24 February 2023
- Delegates receiving a sponsorship are carefully selected by Conference Committee, not all applications will be accepted and this will be at the discretion of the committee
- Sponsorship recipients’ registration will be funded by the conference, but recipients will be responsible for finance for their travel and accommodation